E91 Early Learning Ministry
At E91 Early Learning Ministry, children are given the tools to enjoy learning for a lifetime and are encouraged to fulfill God’s purposes for their lives.
We seek to provide a Christ-centered, loving and safe environment where kids can grow spiritually, academically, emotionally, socially, and physically. Our goal is to integrate all learning with the truth of Scripture and help children learn that they are created in God’s image and are unique parts of God’s creation.
God’s Kids Early Learning Ministry exists:
- To honor and glorify God
- To instill in each child the love of Jesus Christ
- To provide Biblically-directed education in a nurturing, safe environment.
We select staff members who love God with all their heart, soul, mind and strength and who love children with a Christ-like love.
Staff selection is based on the ability to relate well to children, parents, and coworkers. Work experience and/or training in children’s education is preferred. Our lead teachers have a degree in early childhood education or elementary education, or an equivalent education and experience.
East 91st Street Christian Church promotes quality and professionalism in all its ministries. To help plan appropriate learning activities for young children, our staff is required to attend conferences, seminars, and/or training and yearly first aid and CPR training.
Currently, we have substitute and permanent part-time positions open. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Infants and Toddlers classroom staff must be 21 years of age.
Please contact Jill Walkey at 849-1261 x2313 for more information.
What We Believe
About Our Task
- We develop healthy self-esteem in children.
- We help children feel independent and able to cope with their world.
- We set foundations and build skills needed for formal schooling.
- We present Jesus to the children and represent Him in our school.
- God created each one with unique potential.
- They are whole beings made up of five “selves” (physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual.)
- They develop at individual rates.
- They become competent by being allowed to try.
- Play is a child’s work.
- It happens naturally in a positive atmosphere.
- It is accomplished through a variety of purposeful process-oriented experiences.
About The World
- Christ is the center
- God is the source of everything and every day
- There are Biblical values and concepts in everything